I can't say enough for the alternative vet who has helped me with numerous four-legged friends including Dixie who was FeLV+. She was fine until a few days before she left this world and I, too, believe the alternative treatment helped her leave this world more peacefully. If you have an alternative vet in the area, please try her.
On Dec 13, 2009, at 5:03 PM, janine paton wrote:

Took in an FIV cat with very bad stomatitis. I'd never seen a huge, emaciated cat try to eat but run backwards growling and screaming and pawing at his face, and boy, was I afraid of him! Vet pulled teeth, was reluctant at first to use steroid because of FIV status but after a month, very bad flare-up so vet wanted to try steroid. I found an excellent homeopath instead and Kohl did very well for 2 years with this (rather intensive treatment) and a raw diet. He was actually physically and mentally excellent until we noticed a swelling that was dx as an oral cancer, but even his ending was helped with the homeopathy and he did well until the few days before we opted to have him eithanized.

Janine

________________________________
From: Gloria B. Lane <gbl...@aristotle.net>
To: felvtalk@felineleukemia.org
Sent: Sun, December 13, 2009 5:22:23 PM
Subject: Re: [Felvtalk] stomatitis

I'll have to think - for Stomatitis/gingivitis, I've used
1) pulling the teeth (seems to work well)
2) Oral dexamethasone (some folks have good luck with that - made my kitty cough a little but helped somewhat) 3) Monthly Demo (steroid) shot - nice but if it gets too frequent, kitty comes down with other things 4) Convenia antibiotic shot, followed by oral Axithromycin as needed (worked pretty well)

There's another oral med that I've tried but can't remember the name right now, have to look it up. It was pretty good. I'm sure there are some other options. As I understand, Stomatitis can be called by several different things...

Best of luck,

Gloria