From: felvtalk-boun...@felineleukemia.org
[mailto:felvtalk-boun...@felineleukemia.org] On Behalf Of Carol Tsai
Begnoche
Sent: Monday, February 22, 2010 10:01 PM
To: felvtalk@felineleukemia.org
Subject: [Felvtalk] Hair Loss

Hi all.  My 1 year old FeLV+ male cat has started to have some hair loss on
his head and neck.  I noticed a bit of a bald spot on his neck a few days
ago with a small scratch (he plays rough with his brother).  I didn't think
anything of it as I thought maybe he just scratched the hair off.  Then I
noticed that the top of his head had some balding spot.  This evening I
noticed an entire clump of hair missing on top of his head.  I haven't seen
him scratch or act any differently.  He still lets me pet him.  I haven't
changed his diet or environment.  He seems to be eating normally and
drinking too.  I'm at a loss.  I plan to call my vet and take him in if this
doesn't improve in the next couple  days.  Any ideas on what this could be?