My Gray Kitty has had some hair loss too, however, his is due to his Prednisolone.

Sent from my iPhone

On Feb 23, 2010, at 6:24 AM, "Laurieskatz" <lauriesk...@mchsi.com> wrote:

Demodex mite is a possibility. Is he real itchy?
The clumps and itching are what Coco had. It's hard to find the mites as they are very small. They can apparently live on the animal and if their immune system is compromised the mite can start affecting them. Coco was on
steroids and that shut down her immune system and then we had the mite
problem. She had to have lyme baths.

-----Original Message-----
From: felvtalk-boun...@felineleukemia.org
[mailto:felvtalk-boun...@felineleukemia.org] On Behalf Of Carol Tsai
Begnoche
Sent: Monday, February 22, 2010 10:01 PM
To: felvtalk@felineleukemia.org
Subject: [Felvtalk] Hair Loss

Hi all. My 1 year old FeLV+ male cat has started to have some hair loss on his head and neck. I noticed a bit of a bald spot on his neck a few days ago with a small scratch (he plays rough with his brother). I didn't think anything of it as I thought maybe he just scratched the hair off. Then I noticed that the top of his head had some balding spot. This evening I noticed an entire clump of hair missing on top of his head. I haven't seen him scratch or act any differently. He still lets me pet him. I haven't
changed his diet or environment.  He seems to be eating normally and
drinking too. I'm at a loss. I plan to call my vet and take him in if this doesn't improve in the next couple days. Any ideas on what this could be?