Now I have to say that is odd, they should have called you when it happened, right away when it happened. When I lost my Buddie immediately after surgery. My vet called to tell me she came through surgery just fine but a few minutes later she called me back and told me she had arrested in recovery. They tried saving her but couldn't.

With my sisters cat they called while she was on the table to let you us know what happened and kept her alive until we could get there and see exactly how bad it was. They kept her alive for a while to give my sister time to come to grips with what had happened and to make sure she wasn't going to pull out of it. She never showed any signs of improvement and that was when my sister decided to let her go.

I never got to say goodbye. I handed her over and left her with strangers and left
her to die without me. I don't know how long she'd been dead before the vet
bothered calling - I left as soon as I got word & it only takes 15 minutes to
get there, and she was stone cold and stiff as a board. This will haunt me for the
rest of my life.

--

Belinda
happiness is being owned by cats ...