Bridget will talk to you when the time is right.

Two months after Demon and Sheba passed, they sent me a kitten.  Not just any
kitten, but a special needs kitten.  He had been abandoned under my house, and
we found a little black streak flying off the front porch where we keep dry
food for our outdoor friends when we pulled in the driveway a couple
consecutive August afternoons.  So I put the humane trap out with some wet food
in it, and, just like clockwork, two days later we had a small black furry
bundle, about 8 weeks old.

Turned out he tested positive for FeLV.  Not wanting to put the little guy to
sleep, we decided to keep him in the bathroom for three months and retest him.
That was when I started to educate myself about FeLV, and hence why I am here
to console you about your loss now.  Funny how life works, eh?

Three months later, he retested positive for FeLV, and FIV as well.  Plus, he
has a slight birth defect in the back where he is not in 100% control of either
his tail, his sphincter, or his bladder.  He's gotten much better as he's
gotten older, but there were days when we struggled with keeping him, because
we were changing the sheets and blankets on the bed once or twice a day.  Even
today (9 months), he gets shut in the bathroom at night lest he cuddle with
Daddy and get so relaxed he pees in the bed during the night.  How many others
would just put him down?  Or put him outside, to further the FeLV population?

Demon sent Junior to me because he knew this special Daddy's boy needed someone
to take care of him.  He couldn't have told me any clearer with an old, raspy
meow.

Bridget will talk to you, when the time is right.