I have been told it is the best of the parasite treatments....L

-----Original Message-----
From: felvtalk-boun...@felineleukemia.org
[mailto:felvtalk-boun...@felineleukemia.org] On Behalf Of
dlg...@windstream.net
Sent: Sunday, June 27, 2010 9:48 PM
To: felvtalk@felineleukemia.org
Cc: Amy
Subject: Re: [Felvtalk] rear leg weakness- Revolution used? and update

E:  Revolution question - what is the latest on it?  my pride is on it since
i live on a bluff over the river and we have a general mosquito problem in
our area.  vet says they don't have to go out to be bitten, mosquitos can
come in house.  we also have a heart worm problem in our area and since
Revolution counters that , he says should use it.  OPINIONS PLEASE>
---- Amy <awilkin...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> I have not used Revolution on Wolfie.
>
> Wolfie is still acting himself, is eating fine but he is definitely
getting weaker in the back legs.  It's really hard to see because I don't
think things are going to get better.  He has food and litter on the main
floor but is still choosing to do stairs (making me a nervous wreck).  He's
starting to have a tough time with the kitchen floor (linoleum) so I'm
putting carpets down to help.  Wish I could do something more for him but I
always feel that way when my leuk positives start going downhill.  I hate
this disease.

> Looking for opinions here.  Wolfie's calcium was 11.6 when the blood work
was done.  Normal is 8.2-11.5.  The vet at Cornell wants me to draw another
sample to check his active or ionized calcium to see if his Calcium is
actually high.  Would you put your cat through this if your gut is that he
doesn't have long?  I asked what we would do if it's high.  She said we'd
look at all causes and rule them out and if none of those applied, we'd
alter his diet to try bringing it down.  He's anemic and having trouble with
his legs.  Would you pursue something like this or let him be in peace?