SARA, I OFTEN WONDER ABOUT THE ISSUE OF "IS IT FOR ME OR THEM THAT I AM DOING
THIS".  I ALSO WAS CONFRONTED WITH THAT QUESTION WITH MY FATHER.  HE WANTED TO
DO ALL WE COULD DO, BUT AT THE END OF 2 YEARS OF GETTING WORSE RATHER THAN
BETTER, HE ALSO MADE THE DECISION AND JUST GAVE UP.  HE PASSED AWAY WHILE I WAS
WASHING HIS FACE.  I THINK THAT FOR THE LAST YEAR, HE WAS TRYING FOR ME MORE
THAN HIMSELF.  HE ASKED ME IF I WASN'T GETTING TIRED OF CARING FOR HIM JUST A
FEW DAYS BEFORE HE PASSED.  I REALIZE NOW THAT HE WAS TRYING TO TELL ME THAT HE
WAS TIRED OF IT.  IF ONLY OUR CATS COULD COMMUNICATE WITH US, I THINK THAT THEY
MIGHT FEEL THE SAME WAY.  WE WANT SO MUCH FOR THEM TO STAY WITH US THAT WE
SOMETIMES FORGET  TO ASK THEM WHAT THEY WANT.