Hey Michelle,
does he have any other health problems?  food allergies can show themselves in
the skin and it might be more than just the squamous cell.  is any of the
lesion
simply irritated skin around the cancer?  If so, i would probably go with
something like eucerin creme original or eucerin calming creme (has oatmeal)
around the edges [my derm recommends it and it's got fewer ingredients and
works
really well - very mild]

does he medicate easily?  is any of that in his food or applied topically
(thinking the oil for soothing)?  with that many things in the mix, i'd be
hesitant to add more.  if you do try something else, think about stopping
something he's currently getting.
I went through this and did tons of research and spent money I shouldn't have
in
order throw anything that sounded good at Ninja.  She was seizure free her last
2 months, but she ended up having intestinal lymphoma and there's not much you
can do except palliative care.

I think that all of us need to step back once in a while and think about how
we're treating/dealing with our ill companions and how much is actually for
them, to ease pain and prolong quality of life, as opposed to for us because we
can't bear to lose them. i'm on the lower end numbers-wise and have only had to
make the decision twice as an adult (family pets when i was a kid were mom's
decisions) and each time i've learned more about the grace our friends walk in
and how they have NO baggage about death and dying - it simply is - and how
much
i still have to learn.

"My cat the clown:  paying no mind to whom he should impress.  Merely living
his
life, doing what pleases him, and making me smile."

- Anonymous