I'd like to juts add that prednisone shouldn't be stopped "cold Turkey", it
should be tapered or weaned off....Please consider the tonic!

-----Original Message-----
From: felvtalk-boun...@felineleukemia.org
[mailto:felvtalk-boun...@felineleukemia.org] On Behalf Of jbero tds.net
Sent: Monday, August 23, 2010 10:39 PM
To: felvtalk@felineleukemia.org
Subject: Re: [Felvtalk] Lymphoma/Brain Inflammation, etc.

Tracy,

I am so sorry.

Personally, I agree with Natalie.  I have been involved with that group as
well and have been impressed with what can be done with the tonic (and salve
for that matter).  I do not believe it has been used specifically to treat
felv but you never know, neem especially has a wide range of therapeutic
uses.  I, or Natalie I am sure, could provide you with the specifics of
preparing the tonic.  It is not exceptionally expensive and with minimal
side effects.

An additional possibility is high dose intravenous vitamin C.  I believe
that one of the things that responds well to this treatment is lymphoma.  I
know Sally would hook you up with whatever you needed if you opted for it.
This is more invasive than the tonic as it requires an IV line and daily
infusions, but effective none the less - there are papers to support its use
in lymphoma.

A single word of warning with prednisone.  I have read a lot of papers about
the treatment of felv, many use prednisone.  It may improve symptoms but has
never been shown to extend life and has sometimes been shown to shorten it.
So if you are aiming for cure or long term treatment, I would be very
cautious about deciding to use prednisone.  Many alternative med docs would
decidely steer you away from its use as they believe it negates anything
positive you are achieving with alternative treatments.

That's all I can offer at this point as although the LTCI shots and
acemannan seem to help sometimes if you start it early, it doesn't seem to
be able to stop things very well once they've started to go down that
slippery slope - at least not that I've seen.  Others may disagree.

Good luck and God bless you both.  You are in my prayers.

Jenny