From: felvtalk-boun...@felineleukemia.org
[mailto:felvtalk-boun...@felineleukemia.org] On Behalf Of
dlg...@windstream.net
Sent: Saturday, August 28, 2010 8:14 PM
To: felvtalk@felineleukemia.org
Cc: Heather
Subject: Re: [Felvtalk] FIV/FELV teen awaiting retest, in heat--Do we spay?

since she is in heat, can you keep her seperate from males?  give her lots
of love and attention and use Felway to keep the stress level down.  i
spayed both of my positive girls.  the vet said to keep them seperate for a
week so she could heal.  i have had no problems with either girl.  Annie and
Nitnoy are treated just like the others, go in and out, eat Blue buffalo
(all prefer the duck formula) and have the run of the house.  all my girls
are healthy with 2 exceptions:  Homey had urine crystals, would not eat
special diet foods which prompted the change to Blue Buffalo which has no
wheat, soy or corn.  she is doing much better now.  Bob had a bladder
infection and is on antibiotics (last 3 days) and doing better.
i would say let her settle in with your other cats and then spay her.