Heather,
I have spayed 6 FeLV girls and neutered 2 FeLV boys - all rescues.  None of the
girls were in heat.  If you can, it would be better until this heat cycle is
over to spay her.  That would also give you a chance to feed her a good diet
for a couple of weeks to build up her system.

Spaying her will be less stressful than repeated heat cycles.
Good luck
Sharyl