What a wonderful structure! I've always dreamed of having something like that for my cats. But they are all older now and don't ask to go out so much. My one girl, Stormy, does dash out every now and then. She goes directly under the deck...how much fun is that? She comes out covered in cobwebs after about 20 minutes!
~Bonnie
----- Original Message ----- From: "Belinda Sauro" <ma...@bemikitties.com>
To: <felvtalk@felineleukemia.org>
Sent: Sunday, September 19, 2010 1:36 PM
Subject: Re: [Felvtalk] for Melinda

You can always build an enclosure to let them have some outside time. After 3 of ours all indoor all of their lives pushed out a screen and got out, one Bailey kept wanting to go out, so after him driving us nuts for a month or so rolling in front of the door and trying to get out every chance he had we decided to build an enclosure. It is off out back door and we have a pet door in the kitchen window that they use. It is 21 feet by 22 feet in size and 8 feet high, our back door opens out to it and we and the kitties can spend time outside anytime they want, the top is covered with chicken wire to keep them in and the hawks out. They love it!!!

Here are some pictures, this is before we added the pet door in the kitchen window and the steps leading up to it.

http://www.bemikitties.com/cgi-bin/photo/index.cgi?mode=view&album=/Kitty-Play-Pen

--
Belinda
happiness is being owned by cats ...