Hi Lisa and Natalie, This type of clavomox is actually the 125 mg pill kind. I like the liquid better, but I really hope to get an injection type of antibiotics next time. She seemed to keep it down this evening, but she is not doing so good overall. Still won't eat and hides under the bed. I can tell by looking at her bowl that she does drink water, so at least that's good.
I still can't believe that all the other cats tested negative!! That was such a relief. I hope Oreo's test was a false positive. That would be another miracle! I will talk to the vet about switching antibiotics and dosage. I'm al little worried because she really needs the help to get rid of this infection. I hope it's not to late. Lisa, I live in Alabama. Peggy 2010/11/3 Lisa Ogg <emmhomescho...@peoplepc.com> > Hi Peggy, > > We had a feline leukemia outbreak in January and lost a 1 1/2 year old cat, > 4 kittens (about 6 months old) and the believed "culprit" is the sweetest > cat you ever wanted to meet. She is a carrier and may live a long live and > shows absolutely no symptoms (tested positive twice). Anyway, there was > another 1 year old cat exposed and she tested a light positive (again not > showing any signs). She was given a vacinnation at the time and sent home. > I had her tested again (although we were sure she had it) the end of > September (as we thought she might be showing some symptoms) and she tested > negative on both testing ways. They gave her a booster shot yesterday and > she is to be tested again the end of December. They feel that if she > doesn't show signs then, she should be out of the woods. > > Just out of curiousity, what area do you live in? > > Lisa in PA > > ----- Original Message ----- From: "Peggy Verdonck" < > jetalitosunnys...@gmail.com> > To: <firstname.lastname@example.org> > > Sent: Wednesday, November 03, 2010 7:44 PM > Subject: [Felvtalk] clavamox > > > Hi, >> >> This is the first email I'm sending out since 1 of my cats got diagnosed >> with Felv yesterday. >> We have 7 other cats but THANK GOD every single one of them tested >> negative >> (snap/elisa). >> We have to have them tested again in 6 months. Do I have to wait that long >> or can we have them tested sooner? >> We separated Oreo from the rest of the cats and disinfected everything. >> Oreo >> will be lab tested again next week, just to make sure. I heard >> false-positives are quit common. >> Oreo got put on Clavamox 125 mg to fight the secondary infections. Is the >> dosage not to high for a cat? I know that cats normally get 62.5 mg. She >> threw up this morning after I gave it to her. >> I will call the vet tomorrow and ask the vet about the dosage and if she >> can >> maybe subscribe injections. I hate to have to fight with her every time I >> have to give her her meds. Makes me feel so guilty to do this to her. She >> has no clue why she has to sit in a seperate room by herself :-( >> She also gets pet-tinic and viralys. What else can I do to help her fight >> of >> this infection. She has a cold and a fever. >> >> If she tests positive again next week, we are forced to find a new home >> for >> her. Maybe somebody who has no other cats, or someone who has 1 or more >> cats >> with the same condition. I was wondering if anyone knows of anybody who >> might be able to take her. We are willing to help pay for the medications >> she might need. >> She is such a sweet cat and I'm heart broken about this situations! My >> cats >> are my everything! >> >> Thanks, >> >> Peggy >> _______________________________________________ >> Felvtalk mailing list >> Felvtalk@felineleukemia.org >> http://felineleukemia.org/mailman/listinfo/felvtalk_felineleukemia.org >> > > > _______________________________________________ > Felvtalk mailing list > Felvtalk@felineleukemia.org > http://felineleukemia.org/mailman/listinfo/felvtalk_felineleukemia.org > _______________________________________________ Felvtalk mailing list Felvtalk@felineleukemia.org http://felineleukemia.org/mailman/listinfo/felvtalk_felineleukemia.org