I can personally vouch for Carmen's C&W sanctuary. She takes VERY GOOD care of
her residents. My Milo was treated like a king there.
Alice Hanson

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Carmen Conklin<mailto:cwshel...@wildblue.net>
  To: felvtalk@felineleukemia.org<mailto:felvtalk@felineleukemia.org>
  Sent: Friday, February 25, 2011 4:26 PM
  Subject: Re: [Felvtalk] Sanctuaries

  If you are considering any sanctuary for your animals, please visit that
  sanctuary personally to see how the animals are cared for and if it is what
  it says it is. Our special needs sanctuary for felines has five very nice
  buildings and a brand new large sixth building is being completed or will be
  by  March. It will have a clinic room for our med tech and spay/neuter
  clinics, a storage bay, overnight guest 'apartment' for volunteers who come
  and help us and room for cats. The PETA report on the S.C. sanctuary is
  horrific and it also gives the word 'sanctuary' a bad rap. We need more
  positive stories.  Just be sure to visit if you take an animal to any so
  called 'sanctuary. It is very important. We always tell people to come
  either first, or take the kitty home with you if we are not the fit for your
  cat. It is the staff that makes the difference for us, the board and our
  volunteers as well.  We have a couple cats coming from a so-called 'rescue'
  (gone bad) and the animal welfare groups we are working with are doing what
  they can for the animals. The cats have been kept i 1.2 x2' cages one since
  she was 9 weeks old and she is 5 years old now. Needless to say she is kind
  of 'crazy' and adoption challenged. I have never been to Caboodle Ranch but
  there have been many problems there. On Facebook you will find a lot of
  information from Caboodles Angels, all who have taken a cat there and it
  went missing very quickly..
  Carmen and furs at Rustic Hollow Shelter.
www.rustichollowshelter.org<http://www.rustichollowshelter.org/>