As far as the original article goes, it was an article by PETA, which I
trust about as far as I can kick a plastic grocery bag (not far, have you
ever tried it)?

PETA operates a "shelter" with a 97% kill rate and had employees caught
disposing of animal carcasses in dumpsters after having gone to other
shelters and gotten the animals out and promised to find them homes.  They
were not charged with cruelty but were fined for illegal dumping or
something of that nature.

Ingrid Newkirk has advocated killing animals as a means to not having to
worry about them.

PETA believes we should not have house pets and should just enjoy looking at
animals from a distance.

They gave President Obama a humane fly trap since they saw him kill a fly on
TV.

I think they are nutty as fruit cakes.

On Fri, Feb 25, 2011 at 10:47 PM, Kelley Saveika <moonv...@gmail.com> wrote:

> The IRS has gotten rid of the advanced ruling period.
>
> http://www.irs.gov/charities/charitable/article/0,,id=185568,00.html
>

> On Fri, Feb 25, 2011 at 7:19 PM, Natalie <at...@optonline.net> wrote:
>
>> I don't know what the requirement is to qualify as a "sanctuary" or the
>> number of animals in care (probably none), the most important ruling is
>> being publicly and NOT privately supported.  There's a one year advance
>> ruling period, in which you must prove that there was support from the
>> public, then one is granted permanent status.
>> I always question the word "sanctuary" - Audubon has opened their
>> sanctuaries in many places to bowhunting...some sanctuary!

http://www.rescuties.org

http://www.zazzle.com/rescuties*

http://www.magfundraising.com/rescuties

Please help Trooper!

http://rescuties.chipin.com/trooper

"And it is the most divisive incivility to tell true animal lovers they
can’t complain about it, that they can’t fight for the animals, that they
should sit down and shut up and allow the killing to continue."

- Nathan Winograd