Hello,
I rescued a stray two weeks ago. Took her to the vet a week ago and they said
she was FELV positive. She was starving when I found her, but she has gained
weight and is looking good. Her eyes just glisten and she seems healthy. The
vet
said she was about a year old. She only weighed six pounds last week. I did not
have the heart to euthanize her when she is not suffering.  However, I have
three healthy cats upstairs and I live in constant fear that they will escape
the basement where this cat we now call Amber is staying. I keep her in a nice
cage during most of the time and let her out to get her exercise in the
basement
about four hours per day. My husband is building her a 8' long x 4' wide x 6'
tall cage so she will have more room I do hate keeping her caged up, but don't
have a choice. She is very sweet and it is just a sad situation. I tried to
find
a home for her but no one seems to want a cat with her issues. We are trying to
be very cautious regarding the other cats, but it is does make me fearful.
I plan to have her rested in three months. I am so new to this situation,
so any
comments or ideas are much appreciated.
 Jannes