Ticks are the worst near wooded areas and in the woods. They are in tall
> weeds, and shrubs. We have lots of deer and deer ticks, the smaller ticks
> carry lyme disease. It  even the nymph stage can tramsmit lyme. The deer
> population has exploded here and so have the ticks. Last year the cats would
> get in a nest of then and be covered with the small nymph stage. They would
> engorge and I would have hundreds crawling on my bed. I uses a lint roller
> and duct tape to get them up, but what a pain. They are not as bad this year
> but I started using the  Frontline earlier. Last year I had to rush out and
> get it where I could. I did not get the cheapest price, but I still bought
> the dog size.

As for Revolution I was not going to go there but I did not have a problem
with it. I have heard it is safer then the other fles controls, because it
works in a different way. I am not doubting what your vet says. Poison is
poison. Sometimes a cat will lose hair where it is applied and it says that.
I did have this happen with one of my FeLV cats. He was the cat who probably
had Feline infectious anemia which is transmitted by fleas so for him better
to make sure there are no fleas it only takes one flea to infect a cat, and
a feline leukemia postive cat cannot fight off the infection.

I have not used the nematodes but I have been interested in doing so. I do
not have a lawn and fleas tend to live in grassy areas. They just feed on
our pets.

Sally