From: felvtalk-boun...@felineleukemia.org
[mailto:felvtalk-boun...@felineleukemia.org] On Behalf Of Maureen Olvey
Sent: Friday, June 03, 2011 11:14 AM
To: felvtalk@felineleukemia.org
Subject: Re: [Felvtalk] Pet Armor

Wish they'd come in my yard and eat everything!  I'm so tired of trimming
shrubs and yard work.  I used to like it but now I'm too busy with too many
other things.  My husband hates yard work worse than I do.  I love to have a
pretty yard but man it's a lot of work.  If the deer came and tore it up
then I'd have an excuse.

Anyway, depending on the size of your property, I wonder if you planted a
fruit tree or something they really liked at the far end of the property if
they would stay with it and not come near your decorative plants.  It might
attract more deer though.  I thought of it because at work we have some kind
of big tree that puts out some kind of fruit (I don't even know what it is)
and every year I see deer over there.  I thought it was great and even put a
salt lick over there.  The thing is though that it's always two or three.  I
never see hoards and hoards of deer.  Two or three come and eat and then
they're gone.  I work a lot of late evenings and I only see them here and
there and only two or three at a time so they're not a major problem
although there's plenty for them to eat and I would think more deer would
come around.  Wonder if they're territorial so they won't let other deer
come eat their food.  Well, just a thought.  I know you don't want to
attract deer but if they're coming no matter what and you're property is big
enough just wondered if giving them something away from where you don't want
them to be would help.  As well as the wind chimes and other stuff.
Probably would make it worse but I just wondered about it.

"I am not interested to know whether vivisection produces results that are
profitable to the human race or doesn't..the pain which it inflicts upon
sufficient justification of the enmity without looking further." - Mark
Twain