From: felvtalk-boun...@felineleukemia.org
[mailto:felvtalk-boun...@felineleukemia.org] On Behalf Of Lynda Wilson
Sent: Friday, July 08, 2011 12:08 AM
To: felvtalk@felineleukemia.org
Subject: Re: [Felvtalk] UTI Question

My first thought was, how many litter boxes does he have access to? When I
had one cat, he urinated on my bed too (thank goodness I buy the waterproof
mattress pad) and that was his way of telling me he wanted another. This is
what my vet advised me. He got another box and he has been fine ever since.
Now I have another kitty, therefore, I got another litter box. My vet said
the rule is one litter box for every cat, plus one! My cat was an exception
at the time he was an only cat.  Also, every two weeks, I empty all the
litter boxes, disinfect them with liquid lysol, dry them thoroughly and fill

them again with litter. This has helped as well. It's work, but it's better
than cat urine on carpets, beds, sofas, etc.

I hope nothing is medically wrong with him. Good luck, and keep us posted :)

Lynda