If you can find the money and please be very blunt with the vets and techs about finances leave him at the vets for a week or more. They have the ability to get meds into him and may even get him accustomed to people. Red and Pretty Boy spent a lot of time at the vets (Red for a nasty tick carried disease and PB for teeth). Both came back a lot more gentle. Mad as hell but gentle and the time they spent in the garage helped. People bring food. Cats like food. Person talks but has food. I would not try to pick either one up and hug him but they are a lot better than they were and they are hanging around the house more. Vets and vet techs have given me lots of ideas for dealing with wild cats---some fit me and the ones I care for and some don't. You have to pick and chose but ask. Also there are some long acting antibiotic shots. I found out about this when I had Copper and Thomas' teeth cleaned. It is more expensive but you know the cat is medicated. We used this when Soot got an infection from some bites. I did not see him from the time I put him in the garage until I opened the door for him to choose to leave....no way to medicate properly.

If the teeth are rotten/infected get rid of them.