Cats have a way of knowing meds are in the food you are giving them.  Unlike
dogs who gulp it down so fast they never realize meds were in it.  Medicating
Casey is life threatening, I almost need to make a reservation at the ER for a
couple of pints of blood for me.  She bites, scratches, screams and like you
said, we are both so worn out, frustrated that it almost seems to do more harm
than good.  If she needs meds, we head to the vet.  More hands to hld her down.
 I have gotten a muzzle, but that makes her so angry that she won't have
anything to do with me for at least a couple of hours.