From: felvtalk-boun...@felineleukemia.org
[mailto:felvtalk-boun...@felineleukemia.org] On Behalf Of Kelley Saveika
Sent: Friday, August 05, 2011 9:53 PM
To: felvtalk@felineleukemia.org
Subject: Re: [Felvtalk] No Good Rotten People!

Yes, I am.  When I originally came to this list, it was because I had a
kitten who tested "light pos" (I have since learned there is no such thing)
and SR was giving me no support whatsoever so I came here for support
instead.   Everyone here wanted to know who the rescue was but I didn't tell
them because I think telling names of rescues is tacky.  Everyone here was
also incredibly supportive when the horror that was visited on myself and my
personal and rescued cats came.  I have been really glad to have this list
over the years.  I love doing rescue but I've learned that other rescuers
tend to be cutthroat and just plain mean to other people.  I think if we
were all nicer to other people and to animals this world would be a much
better place.

On Fri, Aug 5, 2011 at 4:57 PM, Edna Taylor <taylore...@msn.com> wrote:

> Kelley,
>
> Are you the same Kelley from Austin who used to work with Siamese Rescue?
>

> > From: moonv...@gmail.com
> > Date: Fri, 5 Aug 2011 16:29:20 -0500
> > To: felvtalk@felineleukemia.org
> > Subject: Re: [Felvtalk] No Good Rotten People!
> >
> > I don't ask them if they have cable TV. I just give them food.
> >
> > On Fri, Aug 5, 2011 at 4:19 PM, Natalie <at...@optonline.net> wrote:
> >
> > > We are all supportive of anyone who rescues, deals with unwanted
and/or
> > > sick
> > > cats, fills their homes with discarded animals! I cannot tolerate
> people
> > > who are hypocritical about animals; pretending to love them, and then
> give
> > > them up at the drop of a hat even if it means abandoning them outside
> > > fend for themselves!
> > > Here's one I just got this alert; perfect example:
> > >
> > > Subject: DECLAWED CAT---2 YRS OLD
> > > A rescue friend told me that the place in Queens where she buys her
pet
> > > supplies found a cat left in a carrier outside his door this AM. She
is
> > > about 2 years old, extremely friendly, seems healthy and is DECLAWED.
> Her
> > > coat is a luxurious shiny black. He is calling her Sophia. She has to
> stay
> > > in a cage until he finds her a home. If you know anyone who might like
> > > help this baby, please call or text 917 689 8414 No pic available at
> this
> > > time.
> > >
> > > There are other ways of dealing with not being able to care for your
> > > animal.
> > > My husband and I supply a woman with cat food and litter for her 3
cats
> > > because she can't afford it, or else we would have to take her cats
> into
> > > our
> > > home. My question to someone who claims that they have no money to buy
> cat
> > > food is "do you have cable TV?" The response has often been "Yes,
> but....I
> > > need it."

Texas,

http://www.rescuties.org