From: tamara stickler <tlstick...@yahoo.com>
To: felvtalk@felineleukemia.org
Sent: Monday, August 29, 2011 10:19 AM
Subject: Re: [Felvtalk] Declawing - list of countries where it is illegal!

I never place a rescue cat with a person if they are going to declaw - BUT - I
DO offer free nail clipping for the duration for any cats that I place in homes
(as long as they are local...w/in 1.5 hrs.) for the life of the cat.

I even have a woman who I turned down for cat adoption - that adopted from a
shelter later - that asks me to come over once or twice a month to clip the
cat's nails.  She still doesn't understand HOW or WHY it is inhumane - even
after I explained it to her....but - it really doesn't matter.  She is allowing
her cat to keep it's nails a long as I clip them - so- I'm willing to do that.

Terri - WAY TO GO standing your ground!  - even if it did cost you an apt. and
job.  Good kharma will be the pay off for you!

Tamara