What a terrible story!

This is a lesson I learned from a friend of mine.  Her house was on
fire and she grabbed her cat and took him outside but he ran back
inside and died in the fire.  God forbid any of you ever have to
rescue your cats from a burning house, but cats will always run back
inside because this is the place they feel safe.  Always put your
cats in carriers or in your car outside your home.  With 13 cats this
would have been terribly difficult for your parents, but if there are
only one or two cats this can be done.

Lorrie