From: Lee Evans <moonsiste...@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: [Felvtalk] Cat in a house on fire
To: "felvtalk@felineleukemia.org" <felvtalk@felineleukemia.org>
Date: Sunday, December 4, 2011, 4:39 AM

So far, nothing that tragic has gone wrong in my own life, but I have had to
move from my nice, safe brick house in the city to a mobile home which, as far
as I can tell, is made out of cardboard and plastic.  These horrid death traps
are usually gone with the wind if the wind is above 50 miles per hour and burn
up in a nanosecond.  To counter this nightmare, I have built a cat enclosure
separate from the house.  More than half of my rescued cats reside in the
enclosure which has a large shed attached.  I had to move because the City of
San Antonio gave me a choice of move or have my "excess" cats taken from me and
killed at the animal "shelter".  I moved to the next county where there are
no cat limit laws but
  anything affordable is made of paper. I check stoves and electric appliances
a few dozen times a day, and rarely cook in the house.  I also unplug most
things that use electricity.  This isn't doing my tendency to have
obsessive-compulsive disorder any good at all.  Sigh.  Well, it's better than
an apartment in one of the fire traps that have been built with wood shingle
roofing.  Horrors!  I wouldn't have a polyester stuffed toy in one of those
places.