Many years ago the groomer for my poodle told me when Pixie (75 lbs) developed
Lymphoma to make plans ahead of time to adopt another dog.  He said the house
would be so lonely and quiet when we came home from the vet's that it would be
unbearable.  He was right, but we had P.I.A. (pain-in-the-ass because she was
always under foot) to ease the pain.  My father nver cried, except when we had
to say goodby to Pixie andwhen my mother passed away.  Shows how they can gt
under your skin and into your heart.  I am not married, so I hae no people in
my home, but I do have 7 cats and I can never say I am lonely and unloved.