I too got the message but was afraid to click on it for fear it was a virus. I
see that I am still getting messages, so I am just going to delete that one
about bouncing and no longer being on the list.
I have not participated on the list for a long while but still read every
single post and have learned many things that I would have not known otherwise.
I appreciate the wisdom that is within this group. My Collette ( who was the
reason I initially joined the list many years ago) died of complications of
diabetes two years ago, having lived for over 10 years after her positive test.
She was one month short of being 19 and I am sure she had a good long life
because of all of the things that I learned here.
I rescued a cat just a few months before Collette had passed away. He was
hiding in my juniper bush and stole my heart as soon as I saw his big green
eyes - even though he was pretty skinny and obviously had not been used to
living outside. After not being able to find who owned him, I decided to have
him neutered with the idea that I would just leave him live around the house.
It didn't take him long to win my heart and he totally lives inside now and
loves it. I just dropped him off at the vet this morning because he has been
having some problems with a fang that had been chipped when he was still an
outside cat. His eyes have been watering and the vet thinks because it was not
only chipped but had 2 longitudinal cracks that he has probalby been in pain
(been a bit hissy lately and stopped sleeping on the bed). I sure hope this
takes care of his crankiness and any pain that he might have been in. His name
is Charcoal and you can probalby guess that he
 is a black cat with just a few scattered white hairs. I am praying that he
will be fine today - it is scary to me anytime a cat has an anesthetic but I
have a wonderful vet and trust her completely. I am looking forward to picking
him up this afternoon.
Well, this turned into a longer message than I intended but I do want to be
kept on the list. Bonnie