From: "Sharyl" <cline...@yahoo.com>
To: "felvtalk@felineleukemia.org" <felvtalk@felineleukemia.org>
Subject: [Felvtalk] Kitty with jaundice
Date: Wed, Mar 21, 2012 10:54 pm
To build on what Natalie has written.  Jaundice is a sign of liver issues.
Hepatic Lipidosis is cured by food.  Please tell your friend to get the kitty
to a vet ASAP.  Time is of the essence.  She can either assist feed with a
syringe or get an e-tube to get the calories into the kitty. It takes a real
effort to get enought food into the kitty.  Many find it easier when using an
e-tube.  It is not painful for the kitty.  Just makes it easier for the
caretaker.  We say assist feed not force feed.  It is a state of mind.  You are
assisting your cat to eat.  Please tell her to join the Feline Assisted Feeding
group.http://pets.groups.yahoo.com/group/Feline-Assisted-Feeding/ They have
great files and will offer lots of help.  It would be better if you friend
joined so she could benefit directly. Sharyl