 From: Natalie <at...@optonline.net>
To: felvtalk@felineleukemia.org
Sent: Wednesday, March 21, 2012 9:50 PM
Subject: Re: [Felvtalk] Kitty with jaundice

It may not be just jaundice, it could be hepatic lipidosis, which is very
serious! Blood test is a must, and force feeding, fluids (sub-q), and
antibiotics are required!
I had a cat last summer that went down to 4.5 lbs, to the point where they
wanted to insert a feeding tube through nose or surgically into stomach to
which I said no, because I knew that I could force fed her small amounts all
day long, and she would have been absolutely miserable with any of the two.  I
mixed A-D with some hot water and meds, and used a syringe.  Within 2 weeks,
her values were tremendously improved and she made a complete recovery.
Hepatic lipidosis happens mostly to female cats. She was only about 1 ½ - 2 yrs
old.  She is a very fussy eater, and I have finally found the one and only food
that she will eat. BTW,  her prognosis was grim, and the vets were really
surprised how I got her well in such a short time! The poor girl was through a
lot, had a litter in the streets (only 2 survived), and we got her when she was
already pregnant with second litter – too late to abort.