I think the issue is that you did state in your initial email that you don't
want an indoor pet cat, so you keep Buddy in an outside cage.  That makes it
sound like you don't care.  That might not be the case -- perhaps you do love
him -- but I would rather my kitty be inside with me where he's safe from
parasites.

I think it's unfair of you to say that the list members who may have been
painfully blunt (or harsh) with you are jerks.  We aren't jerks.  We just love
cats.

Population control in the wild was handled by natural predators, which are
becoming less and less.  There is no balance anymore....wolf hunts, coyotes
being killed, human beings encroaching more and more on wildlife habitat.  It
all matters.  Things aren't the same now as they were 300 years ago.
Veterinary care is easily available, so more animals survive now than then.

All we are asking is that if you cannot keep the FeLV+ female, there are FeLV+
sanctuaries that will care for her if you don't want her in your house.

I still think Buddy would be happier OUT of his outdoor cage and inside where
he can be with you.  He needs companionship too.

=^..^= Terri, Guinevere, Travis, Dori, Kimiko and 8 furangels: Ruthie,
Samantha,
            Arielle, Gareth, Alec, Salome, Sammi and Siggie the Tomato Vampire
=^..^=