You might also consider, Charles, that most of us on this list have gone
through the very painful experience of having lost a beloved cat to FeLV or FiV
or both.  Personally, when my Dexter was suffering from the effects of this
disease, I joined this list to find out different ways to help him and the
people here were compassionate and kind.  Keeping him in a cage was never a
consideration and I would have spent any amount of money possible to ease his
pain and to help him feel better.

So, when you come here talking about your caged cats and your lost $300, you
come off as a profiteer and someone completely clueless about cats in general.
I've owned a purebred cat before - many years ago.  I would never have even
considered a purebred raised in an environment such as the one you describe.
Kittens need to be raised under foot; socialized with people and from cat
parents who are treated with nothing but love as members of a family.  I'm not
just making this up - go online and read a few webpages - successful breeders
do this.  Successful breeders never make much money, either.  They are
successful because their kittens are well socialized and integrate well into
new households. Breeders who operate for quick financial gain with no regard to
temperament never last long.

So, let me be blunt:  if you are for real and you are treating your cats this
way, you should be ashamed of yourself.  By the way, there are new puppy mill
laws in Texas that apply to cat breeders - cage raising is prohibited by this
law.  Also, keeping your FeLV girl outdoors?  Huge mistake.  She needs to be
sequestered indoors where she can't spread the virus.  If money is all you care
about, then I'll pay you the $300 you lost as well as $500 for your stud, if
you surrender both of them to the kind lady from this who offered to take them
in.  I'll do this if you promise to stay out of the breeding business.  Sadly,
I doubt you'll take me up on this, but this is a real offer.

Sent from my iPhone