A lot of unwanted cats and dogs get dumped in the country, get hit by cars,
killed by a coyote or a pack of dogs or shot by hunters who consider them "good
target practice".  Sometimes they are poisoned as vermin.  My 7 were headed for
that fate, but someone found them and I ended up with them.  They are not fancy
breeds, just cats, but the love and companonship they give makes the most
valuable cats in the world.  Somehow, I don't get the feeling Charles has that
same love for his Buddy and the poor unloved FELV female that he is so "pissed
off" because he was ripped off.  Yes, I wold be upset at loosing the $300, but
I would be even more angry and conserned about the little female and making up
to her for the treatment she received before.  Guess that is why I will never
be rich, I care moe about the life than the $$$$$$$.