Dozens of years re feeding. We trap, s/n and release. That is the price of free food. I would not feel right about abandoning my wild friends. When I moved to care for my mother, I got neighbors to take care of the one feral at that house. I visited when I could and furnished the food. We have fed ferals at Mom's for as long as I can remember. And calling a shelter will probably result in the death of most of the cats you have been caring for.
On Aug 27, 2012, at 3:02 PM, dot winkler wrote:

Hi. I threw this out there a few weeks ago but don't i know if it went thru - I didn't see any replies. I was wondering if anyone has had any experience with outdoor (stray) cat feeding. I have been feeding 7 for a year and a half now. I am going to have arm surgery and will not be able to drive for 6 weeks and will have a very difficult postop recovery. I have no-one else to feed the cats. I am thinking of calling some shelters and maybe simultaneously the newspaper to expose their plight. Perhaps some can be adopted, if a facility would take them in and if they got the proper exposure from the newspaper. I also could try to help in the adoption process. ALSO, my other question is, how long have people been feeding their outdoor cats? I am thinking this cannot go on forever. Where do I find people to help me out with it, if I can't find adoptions? Any input on this, would be great. Thanks

From: Marta Gasper <marta.gas...@yahoo.com>
To: felvtalk@felineleukemia.org
Sent: Sunday, August 26, 2012 6:12 PM
Subject: Re: [Felvtalk] FeLV & Ascites?

I wouldn't know..besides of FIP it could be heart trouble and other conditions. Sorry I can't reasure you. The vet can draw fluid and analyze it for protein content, high protein is FIP. Last year and earlier this year we lost two kittens to FIP almost a month apart. When they extracted fluid from the first one it was clear but the analysis confirmed the high protein content. So dx was FIP, later on vet found a large mass growing so concluded that he had pancreatic cancer thus the fluid_at that point was greenish_his sister also got a FIP dx, high prt fluid but more typical; yellow viscous fluid, no cancer.
I'm wishing all the best to you and your kitten

http://homelessnomore.webs.com/