From: felvtalk-boun...@felineleukemia.org
[mailto:felvtalk-boun...@felineleukemia.org] On Behalf Of Susan Hoffman
Sent: Monday, August 27, 2012 4:19 PM
To: felvtalk@felineleukemia.org
Subject: Re: [Felvtalk] outdoor cats plight

All too true.  When I had a house fire in 2007 and moved I packed up my yard
cats and brought them along.  I still have two of them.  One is 11 years
old, absolutely untouchable, and she was my first TNR cat.

Once you start feeding they learn to depend on you.  You can't just walk
away and leave them.

Where are you located?  There must be other feral feeders or TNR groups in
your area.  Perhaps we can help you find them and you could get some relief
while you heal up.  (Are the cats you've been feeding all spayed and
neutered?)

Please do NOT involve your local animal control agency.  They very well
might round up the cats and kill them.  If you want to get those cats homes
then take in one or two of the tame ones in at a time and foster until a
home is found.