Wonder about checking with local vets re people who do the same thing?
On Aug 28, 2012, at 9:45 AM, Beth wrote:

Do you have any local animal rescue web talk boards? I helped a lady out who posted about needing a feeder for her feral colony over Christmas. Also check with local rescues. Most of them all ready have colonies they feed or have volunteers who feed colonies. They can sub I've had my outside ferals for years. If I moved I would have to trap & re-locate them. I'm not leaving them.

Beth

Don't Litter, Fix Your Critter! www.Furkids.org

From: dot winkler <venus7ora...@yahoo.com>
To: "felvtalk@felineleukemia.org" <felvtalk@felineleukemia.org>
Sent: Monday, August 27, 2012 8:02 PM
Subject: Re: [Felvtalk] outdoor cats plight

Hi. I threw this out there a few weeks ago but don't i know if it went thru - I didn't see any replies. I was wondering if anyone has had any experience with outdoor (stray) cat feeding. I have been feeding 7 for a year and a half now. I am going to have arm surgery and will not be able to drive for 6 weeks and will have a very difficult postop recovery. I have no-one else to feed the cats. I am thinking of calling some shelters and maybe simultaneously the newspaper to expose their plight. Perhaps some can be adopted, if a facility would take them in and if they got the proper exposure from the newspaper. I also could try to help in the adoption process. ALSO, my other question is, how long have people been feeding their outdoor cats? I am thinking this cannot go on forever. Where do I find people to help me out with it, if I can't find adoptions? Any input on this, would be great. Thanks