I use Feline Pine - scoopable, not the pellets (it's too hard on their feet in my opinion). It has improved immensely! It clumps better and leaves less on the floor than what it used to. It lasts a long time too.

-----Original Message----- From: Lorrie
Sent: Monday, October 08, 2012 3:31 PM
To: felvtalk@felineleukemia.org
Subject: Re: [Felvtalk] Scoopable Litter

I use scoopable litter, but I use the dust free kind. Some scoopable
litter is so dusty clouds of it billow up and this is obviously bad
stuff.  I never use any scoopinig litter with small kittens, but
with as many grown cats as I have (total 24) I use very large litter
boxes and I simply can't lift them (to dump) when they are filled with
the clay litter. I have painful arthritis and I'm ancient... almost 80.

I'd really like to hear from others on the list about who uses clay
litter and who uses scoopable.  Fresh Step and Tidy Cat scoopable don't
seem to have any dust at all, but it's scary to think scoopable litter
is so bad.

Lorrie

On 10-08, Natalie wrote:

   Liter, especially clumping litter, should be banned - I have tons of
   info on it, how a company responded to a concerned cat owner, "Buyer
   beware".  I discourage all my adopters from using it.  Sodium bentonite
   is fatal to cats if they inhale it, eat it, inadvertently when cleaning
   themselves - or kittens, while playing.

   People always seem to think that if something is expensive, it must be
   the best - and they want the best for their cats!  Hartz litter is
   pretty disgusting, too!

   Natalie