I had 2 cats with hyper thyroid.  Shallie i took to Missou at Columbia and had
to leave her there for 3 weeks because she was radioactive.  Convinced them to
let me bring her home early after I agreed to keep her seperate for the others
and dispose of her litter safely.  She was on Tapazole, but it did not do much
good as she kept spitting them out when I was not looking.  I kept finding
little white pills all over.  Second was her brother 1 year later.  I decided
not to pursue treatment considering results with Shallie.  She lost much of her
hair, never was able to ut on wieight and every time she sneezed, it was blood.
 Like the meds were a blood thinner.  She was miserable and I did not want to
ut tigger thru that.