Hi Marcia - Lee in Texas. Fortunately we dragged our Animal Control kicking and
screaming into the 21st century during the 20th century with protests against
their use of a pick-up truck engine with a tube extending into a hole in the
wall. The wall was part of a small room at the Animal Control facility where
they would toss unwanted dogs and cats, lock the door and turn on the truck
engine. Then we had to convince them to get rid of the relatively modern gas
chambers which replaced the truck engine, probably prototypes of the ones
Hitler used on unfortunate citizens. Finally they are doing Death By Injection
(they call is EBI, euthanisia by injection). Now we have to convince them that
excess animals are not criminals and should not be put to death. However, they
have accepted TNR and outside cat colonies. They really had no choice. San
Antonio's only major newspaper did several investigative articles on our lovely
City Pound as did The Current, San
 Antonio's progressive newspaper which is very popular with people who have a
brain. Unfortunately, we have to stand ever vigilant here because the now
renamed Animal Care Services (what a joke!) goes forward with most of the
humans who run it having their heads turned on backwards or in a place where
the sun never shines.

You would probably do well to contact Alley Cat Allies at www.alleycat.org and
tell them what's going on. They might have some good advice as to how to get
this latest atrocity gone in your town. Yeah, cat feeders are much more
dangerous than drug users-dealers. Everyone knows that.

too!