From: kasia mosko
Sent: Jun 2, 2013 10:31 AM
To: "felvtalk@felineleukemia.org"
Subject: [Felvtalk] New To Group

Hello,

I have six cats and one of the has been recently diagnosed with feline leukemia and lymphoma (going through a chemotherapy). I have contacted two vets regarding Jack, and my other cats, and they both tell me something totally different. One of them says that I should separate Jack, and test the other cats for Leukemia, and vaccinate them if they are negative. The second vets tells me that the cats were already exposed to the virus and hopefully their immune system was strong enough to fight it. I also understood that once a cat is exposed to it, the virus may come to the surface at any time (even though the test may show negative today it may change tomorrow), and it is too late for the vaccination. I am totally confused and not sure what my next step should be.
Help would be greatly appreciated,
Kasia