 From: kasia mosko <kasia...@yahoo.com>
To: "felvtalk@felineleukemia.org" <felvtalk@felineleukemia.org>
Sent: Thursday, June 6, 2013 11:53 AM
Subject: Re: [Felvtalk] New To Group

Lorrie,

Yesterday I had the rest of the cats tested for FelV, and they all turned out
to be positive. I  have 6 cats suffering from FelV and one has lymphoma; I feel
like my life has just ended.
Kasia

________________________________

Kasia,
I unknowingly mixed two FelV cats into my group, and the two positive cats
are now 5 years old and in apparent good health in spite of being positive.
There were several other older cats (not kittens) who were exposed and only
one became very sick and had to be PTS.  The other 9 cats are still fine.
One has been tested twice and still remains negative. FelV is not always a
death sentence for older cats who are exposed, but sadly I have found that
kittens born to a FelV mother and testing positive almost always die at
a year or so old.   Good luck with your cats and welcome to the group.

Lorrie

On 06-02, kasia mosko wrote:

 Hello,
>    I have six cats and one of the has been recently diagnosed with feline
>    leukemia and lymphoma (going through a chemotherapy). I have contacted
>    two vets regarding Jack, and my other cats, and they both tell me
>    something totally different. One of them says that I should separate
>    Jack, and test the other cats for Leukemia, and vaccinate them if they
>    are negative. The second vets tells me that the cats were already
>    exposed to the virus and hopefully their immune system was strong
>    enough to fight it. I also understood that once a cat is exposed to it,
>    the virus may come to the surface at any time (even though the test may
>    show negative today it may change tomorrow), and it is too late for the
>    vaccination. I am totally
 confused and not sure what my next step