When I was bitten by a cat, turned out to be a neighbor on next road, went to
ER (did not think about what might happen) because blood spurting everywhere,
they did not have Augmentin - it is too expensive to stock!  I swear, that is
what the nurse told the doctor so he had me soak my hand in Betadne for an hour
and then get the Augmentin at the pharmacy next day.  I had let it bleed so it
would wash out bacteria and applied a pressure bandage.  In case that happens
again, I had my doctor give me a script for Augmentin to keep on hand - just in
case.  Since I rescue injured vultures, coons and others, she did not even
question my reason, just gave it to me, especially after I told about the ER
episode.
---- Lee Evans <moonsiste...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> You would have to take a whole lot of Clavamox to make up the mgs. that you
> would need. Augmentin is a much higher mg. dose than what is given to
> cats.But then again, you could take as many pills to make up the difference
> and you would not have to deal with a physician who might report you to the
> Health Department and endanger your cat who simply had a bad fur day and bit
> you.

too!