Hi Beth,

Thank you so much for the fast reply!
I should give credit to the vet that neutered him too.  She said that she would
never
put a cat down just because he/she tests positive.  I guess that is why she
didn't call me right
after she tested him that morning, and waited until I went in to pick him up at
the end of the day
to let me know.  That is not the same mindset as other vets around here.

So, just to follow up, if IFA turned out to be negative, does that mean he
could still possibly throw off the virus?
Or does that only happen very early on?  I was reading a flow chart for
testing, and it sounds like
testing can go on for months and months if the SNAP and IFA don't match with
either both pos. or both
neg. results?

Thank you so much for letting me know about the FVRCP vaccine.  He was given
that vaccine at his
initial visit last year.  She actually wanted to give him a 4 week booster back
then, but I didn't go back
and do it at that time, because he was still 'feral' and I didn't want to add
any stress, and wasn't really
sure if more than one was needed for an adult.

Now I will NOT get him another FVRCP at all.  I only asked for Purevax Rabies
yesterday, not wanting to do 2 vaccines
in one office visit either way.  I will try to bring him in again for the IFA
test, since this clinic is only a few miles away, and
they also blend holistic and traditional, which is why I am also trying them
for Leo.

Thanks so much!  By the way, if Leo was related to the other kittens from the
abandoned house, they all were negative
when tested.  That owner took the 2 mom cats with him eventually, so I don't
know if they both were neg.  But I am guessing
that he acquired this as an adult or he wouldn't have lived this long?

Shelley

Shelley Theye
ve...@bellsouth.net