With FeLv+ cats or any cats for that matter, it's always good to get the vet's
opinion on what shampoo to use or not. Remember that some residue of the
shampoo may be absorbed through the cat's skin. If you want to know more about
cat diseases (or cattle, pig, horse, rabbit or anything disases) you can go to
www.merckmanuals.com and click on The Merck Veterinary Manual. They list
everything there. It's really wonderful. If you want to know about a particular
medication you are told to use, go to www.drugs.com and type "cat medication"
in the search area. Everything is listed in alphabetical order. You will
discover that Malaseb is for dogs and horses. You might want to hold off using
this on a cat or kitten. Ketochlor and other shampoos that begin with Keto-
should be used only under the recommendation of a veterinarian. This one forms
a coating of the substance on the cat's skin and lasts long after the shampoo
has been used, according to the
 information on drugs.com.

I'm not sure that shampooing a cat is for everyone. I tried it once or twice.
What I got was a mass of soap bubbles and foam with ears and eyes, racing
around the house, screaching and snarling. Getting a cat to stand around for 5
to 10 minutes while the shampoo works, as advised in the information, is sooo
not realistic. If you do want to shampoo, notify your next of kin first.
Incidentally, it was a flea shampoo I used on an adult cat who was usually Mr.
Charming but turned into a vampire the minute the water and soap hit him. This
was before I found out about Capstar and Frontline Plus, many moons ago.