I volunteer for a rescue in Rochester, NY and have also owned leukemia positive
cats (rescues) for years.  We were recently contacted by somebody that adopted
out a kitten from a litter of 5 that she found outdoors.  She got a call from
the adopters that the kitten tested positive and that the people needed to
bring him back.  She wanted help so we paid to have all 5 kittens tested this
week.  All five are positive.  The foster is willing to hold them for 30 days
so we can retest them but she does not want to euthanize (nor would we suggest
that) and she can't keep them.  She has five cats of her own and can't take
another 5.  She would like us to try to find adoptive homes for them.

We have agreed to find homes for them if she will let us screen the homes and
do the adoptions through our rescue, Animal Service League.  We would love to
find homes for them with people that know this disease.  We have a black, a
blue cream, a gray and white, a calico and a tortie.  Pictures are available if
you email me.  We will determine sex and give them names soon.  We will also
retest them at 30 days or possibly do an IFA to make sure they are positive if
somebody wants them sooner and has other leuk positives.  We wouldn't want to
send them to a home with leukemia if there is any chance they are going to
fight it off but will all five positive, we suspect some or all of them will
remain positive.

These kittens will not be free.  We will do all the vetting on them -
spays/neuters, microchipping, rabies, distemper, flea and parasite treatment,
etc., and will charge a $115 adoption fee.  We are a rescue and will not adopt
out animals that are not fully vetted and we don't do free adoptions.  We are
aware that they may not live past a year or two but they still deserve a
loving, responsible home and proper veterinary care.

If anybody is interested in helping one of these little beauties, please let us
know.

Amy Weygandt