Oh wow, yes I am in Waterloo. Can you send me your vet's information and I
will pass it along to my vet immediately.

He is mentioning AZT and interferon, but Merlot has a persistent fever and
won't eat, I am assuming his body is not up to those drugs yet. He's
currently on doxy, prednisolone and mirtazipine (appetite stimulant), and
they gave him an antinauseant shot last night (cevinia I think).

Question to the larger group; my cat is uncomfortable (although better than
yesterday), I have to force feed him and he's on a ton of drugs. How long
is this feasible? How long should I let it go if we don't see improvement?
How do you make that call. With my last cat, she deteriorated so rapidly
and it was so dire that it was a pretty straight forward call.

On Tue, Oct 20, 2015 at 1:48 PM, Amani Oakley <aoak...@oakleylegal.com>
wrote:

> Maya,
>
> Seriously, I have to wonder about some vets. What is he offering you that
> will help your cat??
>
> Anyhow, all I can say is I am happy I have a supportive vet. I will send
> you some links to stuff about Winstrol, but it is hard to find since the
> mind-set you have encountered already, is all too common, even when our
> cats are dying and there are few realistic alternatives.
>
> Most of the links I will send to you will not speak to the use of Winstrol
> specifically for FeLV, but speak to things like building up strength and
> improving appetite.
>
> Here is the first - very generic.
>

> http://www.petplace.com/article/drug-library/library/prescription/stanozolol-winstrol
>
> Amani
>
> P.S. - I also noticed you are not far from me. My vet is in Etobicoke, in
> the outskirts of Toronto. Perhaps your vet should call my vet?

Maya D'Alessio
PhD student
B1 377B, x32320
Graduate Studies Endowment Fund Coordinator
Biology GSA Vice Chair
GSA Director At-Large
University of Waterloo