Hi Bob,

If all else has failed to cure Jerry's diarrhea, you might try an extremely old 
remedy that was used on humans back in the 1930's. They used a cast iron frying 
pan and burned flour in it. I don't think they used any oil of any kind - just 
the flour and possibly a small amount of water, and just stir it until it 
browns and sort of burns. Then get him to eat a small amount. Apparently this 
was given to babies who had life-threatening diarrhea when nothing else worked. 

 

I suppose though, if you can't get it stopped, it might be something like a 
parasite causing it? Not sure....just trying to help 😊

 

Ardy

 

 

-----Original Message-----
From: Felvtalk [mailto:felvtalk-boun...@felineleukemia.org] On Behalf Of ROBERT 
CHAPEL
Sent: Thursday, February 22, 2018 8:37 PM
To: felvtalk@felineleukemia.org
Subject: Re: [Felvtalk] Felvtalk Digest, Vol 44, Issue 1

 

Odd that we are getting mail from Dec simply because someone decided to 
unsubscribe....

 

Presuming there has not been much activity in the list for a few months ???   I 
am happy to report that my shelter had not received any FELV+ for a few months 
and just recently received 6... upon retesting, mercifully, so far only one has 
come up positive ( sadly the youngest and cutest of the bunch) quessing the 
others had been older when they had their exposure....  Think we might already 
have a place that will give a home to this cutie.... unfortunately not a 
family... but better than having the little guy in isolation here at our 
shelter..... He needs company....

 

Hope all is well with your Kitties.... my two old guys are doing pretty 
well..... Tommy had 5 teeth extracted and it gave him a new lease on life..... 
He's MUCH more active and happy and FATTER.... Jerry is still suffering his 
chronic diarrhea and we are still looking for ways to control it ( all the 
usual NON medicine interventions have failed so far.....

 

Bob in Warwick NY

 

 

On Wed, Feb 21, 2018 at 06:28 PM,  <mailto:felvtalk-requ...@felineleukemia.org> 
felvtalk-requ...@felineleukemia.org

wrote:

 

> Send Felvtalk mailing list submissions to

>              <mailto:felvtalk@felineleukemia.org> felvtalk@felineleukemia.org

> 

> To subscribe or unsubscribe via the World Wide Web, visit

>              

>  <http://felineleukemia.org/mailman/listinfo/felvtalk_felineleukemia.org> 
> http://felineleukemia.org/mailman/listinfo/felvtalk_felineleukemia.org

> 

> or, via email, send a message with subject or body 'help' to

>              <mailto:felvtalk-requ...@felineleukemia.org> 
> felvtalk-requ...@felineleukemia.org

> 

> You can reach the person managing the list at

>              <mailto:felvtalk-ow...@felineleukemia.org> 
> felvtalk-ow...@felineleukemia.org

> 

> When replying, please edit your Subject line so it is more specific 

> than "Re: Contents of Felvtalk digest..."

> 

> 

> Today's Topics:

> 

>    1. Re: FIV (ROBERT CHAPEL)

>    2. Re: FIV (Amani Oakley)

>    3. Re: FIV (Lorrie)

>    4. Re: FIV ( <mailto:dlg...@windstream.net> dlg...@windstream.net)

>    5. Merry Christmas & Happy Anniversary wishes (Jennifer Olson)

>    6. Unsubscribe me please ( <mailto:wlrd2...@xplornet.com> 
> wlrd2...@xplornet.com)

>    7. not receiving e-mails (Sandy)

>    8. Re: not receiving e-mails (Lorrie)

> 

> 

> ----------------------------------------------------------------------

> 

> Message: 1

> Date: Tue, 26 Dec 2017 21:48:56 -0500 (EST)

> From: ROBERT CHAPEL To:  <mailto:felvtalk@felineleukemia.org> 
> felvtalk@felineleukemia.org

> Subject: Re: [Felvtalk] FIV

> Message-ID: < <mailto:153d54b2.3346.16095df6e39.webtop...@optonline.net> 
> 153d54b2.3346.16095df6e39.webtop...@optonline.net>

> Content-Type: text/plain; charset=UTF-8; format=flowed; delsp=no

> 

> I am again perplexed at the mail delivery for this group....? I've 

> gotten nothing for a few weeks and just now THIS digest of 

> messages..ALL of which I have received multiple times before.

> Has there been other information going back and forth for the past 

> couple of weeks??

> 

> 

> HOWEVER:? In relation to FIV...?? it has clearly NOT been our 

> experience at the shelter where I volunteer that FIV is any where near 

> as deadly as FELV and we don't ever suggest that it is to potential 

> adopters...

> Our FIV'S range in age from 1 year to 8 yrs plus and oftentimes don't 

> even get the URI that runs through the entire menagerie at the 

> beginning of Winter.... I've been volunteering there for 4 years and 

> have seen only one of our FIV's die and that from the scourge of FIV's 

> ( Feline Infectious Peritonitis) thankfully it did not claim any 

> others ( until months later when a couple of FeLV residents died)...

> but, in general, our FIV's have remained quite healthy....? 

> Personally, I would be FAR more confident of the future adopting an 

> FIV over an FeLV Kitty

> QUESTION:

> 

> 

> ?---------------------------------------------------------------------

> -

>> 

>> Message: 1

>> Date: Sun, 3 Dec 2017 18:25:58 +0000

>> From: Amani Oakley To: " <mailto:felvtalk@felineleukemia.org> 
>> felvtalk@felineleukemia.org" Subject: Re: 

>> [Felvtalk] Question

>> Message-ID:

>>           

>> Content-Type: text/plain; charset="utf-8"

>> 

>> Yes Ardy. FIV is also a death sentence, more often than not, for 

>> afflicted cats. And again, there is very little in the veterinary 

>> arsenal to combat it.

>> 

>> Amani

> 

> 

> 

> 

> ------------------------------

> 

> Message: 2

> Date: Wed, 27 Dec 2017 04:07:39 +0000

> From: Amani Oakley To: " <mailto:felvtalk@felineleukemia.org> 
> felvtalk@felineleukemia.org" Subject: Re: 

> [Felvtalk] FIV

> Message-ID:

>             

> Content-Type: text/plain; charset="utf-8"

> 

> Hi Bob

> 

> I have only seen two other posts this past week, other than one I 

> posted in reply to one of those two posts. Other than that, I haven't 

> received any emails in weeks.

> 

> Amani

> 

> -----Original Message-----

> From: Felvtalk [ <mailto:felvtalk-boun...@felineleukemia.org> 
> mailto:felvtalk-boun...@felineleukemia.org] On Behalf 

> Of ROBERT CHAPEL

> Sent: December-26-17 9:49 PM

> To:  <mailto:felvtalk@felineleukemia.org> felvtalk@felineleukemia.org

> Subject: Re: [Felvtalk] FIV

> 

> I am again perplexed at the mail delivery for this group....? I've 

> gotten nothing for a few weeks and just now THIS digest of 

> messages..ALL of which I have received multiple times before.

> Has there been other information going back and forth for the past 

> couple of weeks??

> 

> 

> HOWEVER:? In relation to FIV...?? it has clearly NOT been our 

> experience at the shelter where I volunteer that FIV is any where near 

> as deadly as FELV and we don't ever suggest that it is to potential 

> adopters...

> Our FIV'S range in age from 1 year to 8 yrs plus and oftentimes don't 

> even get the URI that runs through the entire menagerie at the 

> beginning of Winter.... I've been volunteering there for 4 years and 

> have seen only one of our FIV's die and that from the scourge of FIV's 

> ( Feline Infectious Peritonitis) thankfully it did not claim any 

> others ( until months later when a couple of FeLV residents died)...

> but, in general, our FIV's have remained quite healthy....? 

> Personally, I would be FAR more confident of the future adopting an 

> FIV over an FeLV Kitty

> QUESTION:

> 

> 

> ?---------------------------------------------------------------------

> -

>> 

>> Message: 1

>> Date: Sun, 3 Dec 2017 18:25:58 +0000

>> From: Amani Oakley To: " <mailto:felvtalk@felineleukemia.org> 
>> felvtalk@felineleukemia.org" Subject: Re: 

>> [Felvtalk] Question

>> Message-ID:

>>           

>> Content-Type: text/plain; charset="utf-8"

>> 

>> Yes Ardy. FIV is also a death sentence, more often than not, for 

>> afflicted cats. And again, there is very little in the veterinary 

>> arsenal to combat it.

>> 

>> Amani

> 

> 

> _______________________________________________

> Felvtalk mailing list

>  <mailto:Felvtalk@felineleukemia.org> Felvtalk@felineleukemia.org

>  <http://felineleukemia.org/mailman/listinfo/felvtalk_felineleukemia.org> 
> http://felineleukemia.org/mailman/listinfo/felvtalk_felineleukemia.org

> 

> ------------------------------

> 

> Message: 3

> Date: Wed, 27 Dec 2017 09:33:47 -0500

> From: Lorrie To:  <mailto:felvtalk@felineleukemia.org> 
> felvtalk@felineleukemia.org

> Subject: Re: [Felvtalk] FIV

> Message-ID: < <mailto:20171227143347.ga...@lnx12.netgear.com> 
> 20171227143347.ga...@lnx12.netgear.com>

> Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii

> 

> 

> I've not seen any posts for weeks, until a few days ago.

> I hope this means all our cats are doing well.

> 

> BTW - FIV is not at all as dangerous a FelV.

> 

> I hope more people adopt these FIV cats, but unfortunately the average 

> person, who is not well informed, is is just as afraid of FIV.

> 

> 

> Lorrie

> 

> On 12-27, Amani Oakley wrote:

>> Hi Bob

>> 

>> I have only seen two other posts this past week, other than one I 

>> posted in reply to one of those two posts. Other than that, I haven't 

>> received any emails in weeks.

>> 

>> Amani

> 

> 

> 

> ------------------------------

> 

> Message: 4

> Date: Wed, 27 Dec 2017 8:41:54 -0600

> From: To:  <mailto:felvtalk@felineleukemia.org> felvtalk@felineleukemia.org,  
> <mailto:felineres...@frontier.com> felineres...@frontier.com

> Subject: Re: [Felvtalk] FIV

> Message-ID: < <mailto:20171227094154.PXG7R.4017.root@pamxwww01-z01> 
> 20171227094154.PXG7R.4017.root@pamxwww01-z01>

> Content-Type: text/plain; charset=utf-8

> 

> tHE ONLY PROBLEM MY GUYS HAVE IS BOREDOM.  iT HAS BEEN COLD, SNOWY AND 

> WINDY.  HARLEY WHO USUALLY GOES OUT NO MATTER WHAT JUST GOES TO THE 

> DOOR, THE WIND HITS HIM AND HE BACKS UP.  WE HAVE LOTS OF AMAZON 

> BOXES, TUNNELS AND A LIGHT TO CHASE.

> 

> ---- Lorrie  wrote:

>> 

>> I've not seen any posts for weeks, until a few days ago.

>> I hope this means all our cats are doing well.

>> 

>> BTW - FIV is not at all as dangerous a FelV.

>> 

>> I hope more people adopt these FIV cats, but unfortunately the 

>> average person, who is not well informed, is is just as afraid of 

>> FIV.

>> 

>> 

>> Lorrie

>> 

>> On 12-27, Amani Oakley wrote:

>>> Hi Bob

>>> 

>>> I have only seen two other posts this past week, other than one I 

>>> posted in reply to one of those two posts. Other than that, I 

>>> haven't received any emails in weeks.

>>> 

>>> Amani

>> 

>> _______________________________________________

>> Felvtalk mailing list

>>  <mailto:Felvtalk@felineleukemia.org> Felvtalk@felineleukemia.org

>> 

>>  <http://felineleukemia.org/mailman/listinfo/felvtalk_felineleukemia.or> 
>> http://felineleukemia.org/mailman/listinfo/felvtalk_felineleukemia.or

>> g

> 

> 

> 

> 

> ------------------------------

> 

> Message: 5

> Date: Wed, 27 Dec 2017 09:04:15 -0600

> From: Jennifer Olson To:  <mailto:felvtalk@felineleukemia.org> 
> felvtalk@felineleukemia.org

> Subject: [Felvtalk] Merry Christmas & Happy Anniversary wishes

> Message-ID:

>             

> Content-Type: text/plain; charset="utf-8"

> 

> December 22nd marked the beginning of our 2nd yr with Figaro in our 

> lives.

> He is healthy, but a bit heavy- the kind of weight gain common after 

> being neutered. Have yet to get him integrated into the clan, so each 

> of us "bipedals" lavish Figaro with various kinds of attention... of 

> course I'M the "Mama" so Figaro and I do lots of grooming & cuddling!

> Much admiration goes out to all of you, whose loving strength enriches 

> the lives of precious fur-babies, for as long as we are able!

> Jen

> -------------- next part -------------- An HTML attachment was 

> scrubbed...

> URL:

> ------------------------------

> 

> Message: 6

> Date: Wed, 21 Feb 2018 21:31:09 +0000

> From:  <mailto:wlrd2...@xplornet.com> wlrd2...@xplornet.com

> To:  <mailto:Felvtalk@felineleukemia.org> Felvtalk@felineleukemia.org

> Subject: [Felvtalk] Unsubscribe me please

> Message-ID: < <mailto:2f6e2f65839af651b4e346d68d257...@xplornet.com> 
> 2f6e2f65839af651b4e346d68d257...@xplornet.com>

> Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii"

> 

> Please unsubscribe me.  Thank you.

> -------------- next part -------------- An HTML attachment was 

> scrubbed...

> URL:

> ------------------------------

> 

> Message: 7

> Date: Wed, 21 Feb 2018 17:01:55 -0500 (EST)

> From: Sandy To:  <mailto:felvtalk@felineleukemia.org> 
> felvtalk@felineleukemia.org

> Subject: [Felvtalk] not receiving e-mails

> Message-ID: < <mailto:1042579679.26184.1519250515...@connect.xfinity.com> 
> 1042579679.26184.1519250515...@connect.xfinity.com>

> Content-Type: text/plain; charset="utf-8"

> 

> Looks like I have not received any e-mail contact since November 2017.

> 

> Sandy W

> -------------- next part -------------- An HTML attachment was 

> scrubbed...

> URL:

> ------------------------------

> 

> Message: 8

> Date: Wed, 21 Feb 2018 18:28:44 -0500

> From: Lorrie To: Sandy ,  <mailto:felvtalk@felineleukemia.org> 
> felvtalk@felineleukemia.org

> Subject: Re: [Felvtalk] not receiving e-mails

> Message-ID: < <mailto:20180221232844.ga...@lnx12.netgear.com> 
> 20180221232844.ga...@lnx12.netgear.com>

> Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii

> 

> Hi Sandy, I noticed the total lack of messages...... Hopefully this 

> means none of us are having any problems with our cats at this time.

> 

> Lorrie

> 

> On 02-21, Sandy wrote:

>> Looks like I have not received any e-mail contact since November 

>> 2017.

>> 

>> Sandy W

>> _______________________________________________

>> Felvtalk mailing list

>>  <mailto:Felvtalk@felineleukemia.org> Felvtalk@felineleukemia.org

>> 

>>  <http://felineleukemia.org/mailman/listinfo/felvtalk_felineleukemia.or> 
>> http://felineleukemia.org/mailman/listinfo/felvtalk_felineleukemia.or

>> g

> 

> 

> 

> 

> ------------------------------

> 

> Subject: Digest Footer

> 

> _______________________________________________

> Felvtalk mailing list

>  <mailto:Felvtalk@felineleukemia.org> Felvtalk@felineleukemia.org

>  <http://felineleukemia.org/mailman/listinfo/felvtalk_felineleukemia.org> 
> http://felineleukemia.org/mailman/listinfo/felvtalk_felineleukemia.org

> 

> 

> ------------------------------

> 

> End of Felvtalk Digest, Vol 44, Issue 1

> ***************************************

> 

 

_______________________________________________

Felvtalk mailing list

 <mailto:Felvtalk@felineleukemia.org> Felvtalk@felineleukemia.org

 <http://felineleukemia.org/mailman/listinfo/felvtalk_felineleukemia.org> 
http://felineleukemia.org/mailman/listinfo/felvtalk_felineleukemia.org

_______________________________________________
Felvtalk mailing list
Felvtalk@felineleukemia.org
http://felineleukemia.org/mailman/listinfo/felvtalk_felineleukemia.org

Reply via email to