I have observed the same thing.  I appreciate all support to give quality
over quantity.  I did not know that my cat Trixie had lung cancer I thought
she had developed a allergy to the Christmas tree. She crossed the bridge
before majority of med was in her system. They did give her all of it.. I
ended up having her put to sleep three weeks later and the vet told me at
that point that a cat will hold on as long as possible just for the sake of
their owner.