Barry writes:

<<
Holly I would go out and get some new yarn and make a new pair from
scratch 
instead of working your heart out on an old pair that needs so much
work. >>

Ah, but you don't understand :)  This wasn't some 'old pair' of socks. 
These were very special, the first pair of socks I made from my
handspun, in gorgeous saturated hues of blue, purple and green, with
light touches of yellow and magenta :)  I want *that* yarn in my socks,
not something commercial :)

<<I have one of the old hand 
crank sock machines and make socks all the time for us and the wife's 
relatives in Maine.>>

I've heard so much about these old machines that I'm very intrigued. 
Where do you find them?  How much do they cost?

<< If you would like a free pair of socks to fit your feet> snip <can't
have folks with cold feet. >>

That's one of the nicest offers made me that I can think of :)  But I
won't take your time.  I have 2 other pair of handspun socks, and some 6
or 7 pair of commercial, so my feet are toasty warm :)  Thanks for such
a generous offer, though!

Holly
with feet in an offwhite commercial wool sock yarn studded with small
flecks of fiber in all colors of the rainbow!  I wish I knew how to spin
yarns like this :)

To stop mail temporarily mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
with the message: set nomail  To restore send: set mail

Reply via email to