Hi, all :)  I was hoping those of you with experiences setting up and/or
judging skein contests would share some of your knowlege with me.  I was
asked to give some advice on the subject, but I've been swamped.  I know
there's an article in at least one issue of Spin-Off, maybe 7-8 years
ago?  I need to go look, but it usually takes me hours to look through
back issues because there's so much neat stuff :)

On socks, I have a bit of a dilemma on my hands.  A couple years ago, I
made some drop-dead beautiful handspun socks.  I wore those socks most
of two winters, and used some of the extra yarn to make a pair for my
sister, too.  Some bugs got into her socks, though, so I told her to
bring them with her when she came for the holidays, and I would darn
them, having 1/2 ounce of yarn left.  But when I saw them on her, I
realized the socks were too small for comfortable wear (her feet are
longer than mine) and <gulp> traded her my wonderful socks (which were a
bit long for my feet) for her bug-chomped ones.  I figured it would be
no big deal to unravel the yarn and knit new socks.

Well, I unraveled and unraveled and the yarn broke and broke and broke
until I lost at least a 1/2 ounce and had a dozen or so little balls.  I
knotted them into one skein and washed it, which actually didn't release
all the kinks, but it's knittable again at least.  But I don't think I
have enough for a pair of socks now!  Not for the length I like, anyway
(longish crew).

Any ideas?  This is 8 sts=1 inch yarn on size 1 needles (fingering
weight).  I have 3.4 ounces/95 grams of yarn left.  Dare I start a pair
of socks? :)

Holly

To stop mail temporarily mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
with the message: set nomail  To restore send: set mail

Reply via email to