Joanna Gleason wrote:
> The small motor from an old home sewing machine would say something like
> 1/15 th horse power and fits in the palm of your hand. I use one of these
> to drive my jumbo flyer to ply yarns. It isn't enough power for a drum
> carder, unless it is a tiny one of some sort.
That is what I was wondering about. I have a Fricke metal frame. The
Fricke catalog says the motor kit used a 1/15 HP gear motor. The picture is
kind of dark, but it does look larger than a sewing machine motor.
I just made a bobbin/spool winder using a sewing machine motor,and am so
impressed with it, I wondered if it would work for the carder. Oh well,
I'll just have to keep looking.
Thanks
Robin Murphy, in the Northwoods of Wisconsin, where the sun is heating the
house enough to let the wood fire go out - until evening.
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
To stop mail temporarily mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
with the message: set nomail To restore send: set mail